Sunday, June 11, 2006

Excited

Tuesday's gonna be weird.

I'll be working the polls at Albemarle High School from 5:30-7:15 AM. Then, I'll be at the work that actually pays me from 7:30-3:30. Then, at the polls again from 3:45-7:00.

The thing I'm most looking forward to is voting at the polls. I was able to vote from my first election, 2000, through 2002 at actual polling places. When I went off to college, I decided Al Weed needed my vote far more than Patrick Kennedy, so I declined to change my voter registration. Thus, in the 2003 non-election (1 contested race out of 10) and in 2004 I voted by absentee ballot.

2004 was fun, as I voted for John Kerry in an actual meeting of the Providence College Democrats, with my Outreach Director and successor as President, Adam Roach, serving as my official witness. Much mention was made of a certain Congressional candidates name and a good time was had by all.

In 2005, I voted absentee in both the primary and general because any campaign staffer caught wasting time by voting on election day would be summarily shot.

This November, I'll be voting absentee again, as I plan on working the end of the gubernatorial race in Rhode Island (gotta support my fellow PC alums).

Beginning in Fall of 2007 I'll be in grad school somewhere, most likely Mississippi.

So, day after tomorrow will be my only chance to actually vote at a polling place until the Virginia statewide primaries in 2009. I'm looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home