Sunday, July 16, 2006

Canvass II

Jack Jouett District Dems completed their second canvass of the cycle this morning (technically yesterday, I guess). We had five today, and everything went much smoother.

I've noticed something. The anger is palpable, I suppose. With TK this time last year, EVERYONE was undecided. I'd go to a door, D+ family, 99 percent voting frequency. And they'd say they were undecided. As if.

But last week, and today, people have said they're definitely voting Democratic. Many of them already know who the candidates are, and I've run into very few undecideds. Of course this runs counter to everything I've been taught to expect from the electorate in July. Most people usually don't even know the candidates' names until September at the earliest.

But this year, they're already voting Democratic in July. Hot damn.

Albemarle voters sure are smart.

We have next week off, but following that, we're going to have one hell of a massive canvass in Georgetown on July 29th. I might try to organize a canvass during a midweek evening sometime over the next two weeks. 5:30-7:30, 6:30-8:00, or something along those lines. Drop me a message below if you're interested in either.

If not, of course you can show up at Al Weed's HQ on West Main Street behind the Blue Bird Cafe pretty much any time (S-T 9-9, F-S 9-5), and if they're worth their salt, which they are, they'll have all sorts of stuff for you to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home