Saturday, July 08, 2006

Enough

I used to post about political happenings all the time, and my response, and on and on. But it's all been said. I'm not talking about every other blog from Kos to the one on North Dakota politics that was started the day before yesterday. It's all been said by me. On this blog. On the PC Dems blog. On Xanga. In/On PC Black and White. In comments on other blogs and wherever the hell else I've been.

And it all boils down to a few simple things. It's a bad thing that the Democratic Party often finds itself disorganized and too beholden to conventional wisdom or political consultants. And worse, far far worse, the Bush administration and the GOP Congress are complicit in the worst fraud and abuse of the American people in the history of this country. That they have cheated this country and its citizens in favor of right wing interest groups and corporate interests from day one. That we are headed to a cataclysm, where the US will have to change, dramatically and quickly, or this country, at best, or the entire human society will disintegrate, at best, or cease to exist.

But I've said it over and over and over, and it's tiring. It's satisfying and cathartic, but also depressing and for the most part, self-defeating.

So I'm going to try to change my focus... posting on random inanities like usual, but also on what Al Weed, Jim Webb, and whomever is to follow can deliver that certain people currently in power have not. Sure, the blog will still go negative, or at least cynical (I hate that word, but it's true and necessary), but only to point out a contrast between what we have and what we should have.

I will do my best to place a standard on my post. Does this benefit Virginia, or is it harmless drivel? If so, fine. Is it petty or otherwise harmful, then I'll try not to post.

Not that anyone really cares anyway.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vivian J. Paige said...

I care. I have enjoyed reading your blog. You do what you have to do for you, not anybody else.

7/09/2006 12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home